Anonymous asked: my ferret scratches at the door and her cage ALL the time. do you have any suggestions on how to make her stop? love your blog btw :))
I suggest getting a dig box, so she can get her digging energy out in an acceptable place and more toys to keep her interest from digging at the door.
She is probably bored in her cage and wants to get out. Let her play until she gets tired and falls asleep. Put her in the cage.
Try to leave her cage only for when she is asleep or when you are away.
If you can, walk her outside to make her tired. When it was summer, my mom and I walked the ferrets 3 times a week. I know it is winter and is probably too cold.
I hope these suggestions help.
I read somewhere that if you spray a strong scent in the area of the carpet that you do not want them to scratch, it will deter them. When the scent fades, they can still smell it.I don’t own perfume so I never tried it.
"Didn’t your mama teach you not to play with your food?"
Kinda looks like he is mad at it and having an intense convo.
Gus is getting so big. This was last week I’ll have to get an updated picture of him but Tilly is finally playing with him. I think she finally gave in. He just attacks Til and she does nothing, but she is fighting back now.
These look like mine kinda.
Lucy look-a-like on top, Charlie look-a- like in the middle, and Tilly look -a- like on bottom.
My ferrets have doppelgangers They look like all boys ,though.
Here are mine. I need an updated one.
- You own nothing. They have touched every single thing you own, and do as they please with it. (Pulling them away from object will NOT help. )
- When you are trying to sleep, they decide to wake up from their 20 hour nap and dig, chew, and scratch at floor, cage, food bowl, etc.
- If you do not have a Bell-collar on them, you will never know where they are.
I love my baby (:
Its that time again..time to clean the cage. Like full cleaning. I found this on a ferret forum and it is exactly what it is like to clean a ferret cage. It is really a task. Enjoy,reminisce, and give your fuzzy a kiss.
Cleaning a ferret’s cage
1. Gather Cleaning Supplies…(bucket of hot soapy water, roll of paper towels, trash bag, Natures Miracle Cleaner.. whatever else u need)
2. Carry Supplies to the Ferret Room/or area your ferrets are housed
3. Place Supplies on TOP of cage so ferrets Cannot get them.
4. Open cage speaking softly to the Fuzzies… say things like “HI BABY” “wanna play” Let out all 5 or however many u have. out.
5. Play with ferrets a few mins.. wait for them to be sick of you and run off thru the house exploring
6. Once they are out of sight Grab cleaning supplies and begin the cage…
7. bend down and Grab ferret who has jumped back in the cage. place him to the side and tell him to play.. mommy/daddy is busy.
8. Grab litter box and begin to empty it into the trashbag while avoiding the Ferret who has Jumped Into the trashbag while u were grabbing the litterbox.
9. Remove Ferret from bag and put her on other side of the room..
10. Come back to cage and Remove 2nd Ferret from Cage.
11. Spray Nature Miracle. careful to avoid the Ferret u just removed from the cage.. who has jumped back in … in direct path of the Cleaning spray.
12. grab the roll of paper towels.. *wait they were just here a min ago*… catch a glimpse of the Ferret who stole the towels while he tries to drag them to his hidey hole
13. Wrestle Towels from Ferret while another drags off the bottle of cleaning spray
14. Now u got the towels … you go in search of the Clean spray thief and retrieve the bottle
16. Go back to cage and remove the 4 ferrets who have gotten back in the cage an scattered food… *remember why you love them* Kiss each and place them in other side of the room
17. Go back to the cage.. Re spray the floor ad wipe down with the roll of paper towels u now have under your arm.
18. Toss dirty paper towel in trash… and pull 2 ferrets out of the bag
19. Place paper towels down and grab ferret who has climbed up the cage to try to show u he’d learn to fly
20. Kiss this ferret and remind him he’s not superfuzz and tell him to go pester his brothers/sisters
21. Grab rags and bucket of soapy water and start to clean more of the cage…
22. YELP as a ferret try’s to use your toe as a chew toy.
23. Turn to see who nipped you.. and when no one is there turn back around and remove 2 ferrets from the bucket of soapy water and the 1 who jumped back in the cage and pooped where u just cleaned
24. Place all 3 ferrets on other side of the room and go back to your cage duty
25. Go get a beer you deserve it
26. toss empty beer can in trash.. and go back to cage
27. giggle at ferrets as they all try to pull hubby’s huge work boot under the sofa and say *THATS IT KIDS TEAM WORK EVERYONE HELP*
28. Grab bucket of water.. and rag.. and re clean cage as someone was back in there using it as a toilet.
28. Re fill litterbox with litter and place back in cage.
29. Remove ferret from bag of litter
30. chase ferret who took the towels
31. find where ferret put bottle of Nature Miracle
32. *sigh* as u got one more floor to clean
33. Now that u got all your supplies back go get another beer
34. Place can of beer on top of cage out of ferret reach..as you dont want drunk ferrets
35.. start to think a drunk ferret may not be so bad.. atfer all You’d get the cage done faster.
36. scold urself for thinking that BAD MOMMY BAD DADDY
37. remove litter boxes from 2nd floor while using the other hand to remove ferret from top of cage who again forgot there not Superfuzz
38. Grab rag and start to wipe down cage floor..
39. bend down to grab paper………. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
40.. chase ferret who has papertowels
41. Get back papertowels and go dry the cage
42.. remove 3 ferrets from cage
44. hey where’s my beer?
45. OH there it is on TOP of the cage TIPPED!!!!!
47. Remember why you love them as you gather them up and toss them in the bathroom and shut the door
48. Grab clean supplies and clean up spilled beer and finish the cage…
49. grab bag of litter and See the lil ferret you forgot…
50. remove ferret from the bag.. Holding him in one had… while using the other to fill the pan.. put it back in cage..
51. Kiss and hug lil ferret.. while u open the bathroom door to let the rest out… Giggle at them and remember why u love them.
Guess what my angels did today? They broke my moshi pillow. The little beads are everywhere. I mean everywhere. In their cage, on clothes, even feet away.
I remember this day. It was so hard to clean up. Never again.
Pets make horrible messes but you can’t help but love them!
" Dude, where’s my ferret?" #2013decferretpic